Author of acclaimed science fiction and fantasy books, Kij Johnson has had her mind-bending stories translated into a dozen languages and has won major awards in her field: the Hugo Award, the Nebula Award, and the World Fantasy Award. As one critic puts it, “I can’t think of any other writer whose stories terrify me the way Johnson’s do. But they’re so intelligent and human and weirdly perfect, I can’t stay away.” Johnson, who teaches at the University of Kansas, will lead a master class on writing sci-fi and fantasy (3:00 pm, Oct. 15, Waldorf Library). Then she will read from her work at a separate gathering (7:00 pm, Oct. 15, Salveson Ballroom). Come to one or both.
- October 15–Kij Johnson: Waldorf Distinguished Visiting Writer
- Fall 2014 Visiting Writer – Andy Douglas, Tues. September 30th at 7pm
- Waldorf College to host Omaha poet Paul Dickey – April 8, 2013
- Interview with Visiting Writer: Tricia Currans-Sheehan
- Waldorf College Writers Series to host Tricia Currans-Sheehan